PAV Push Around Vertical
This category includes:
Push Around Vertical (PAV)
To instruct an Operator to prepare and safely operate various types of Push Around Vertical (PAV) Platforms and to obtain an IPAF MEWP Operator's PAL Card.
Half a day.
Up to 8 candidates.
At the end of the course the operator will:
- Be aware of the relevant health and safety regulations.
- Be aware of the need to wear Personnel Protection Equipment (PPE).
- Be aware of the need to refer to the machine Operating Manual.
What the Operator should know:
- The pre-use checks and daily maintenance to be carried out prior to starting work.
- The correct and safe method of operating the specific machine.
- The correct emergency procedures, capacities and limitations to enable safe operation.
An Introduction - Facilities, PAL Card overview and pre-course theory test.
- Legislation and guidance
- Pre-use inspections/handovers
- Safe operating methods and hazards - Dos and Don’ts.
- Theory test - Individual written test with explanation of pass requirements.
Failure means applicant will have to re-sit the course on another day.
- Practical training - • Introduction to the actual machine: walk around and familiarisation with MEWP.
- Major components
- Pre-use checks and inspection
- Starting and stopping the machine:
- Pre-use function checks:
- Planning the route:
- Travelling the route and manoeuvring the machine (where applicable):
- Setting the machine for work
- Basic operational practice
PAL cards are valid for 5 years
Successful candidates will receive a PAL Card (Powered Access Licence), a safety guide, a log book and a certificate.
The PAL Card is recognised worldwide across industries as proof of platform operator training to the highest standard.