- Scissor Lifts
- Self Propelled Booms
The IPAF Load and Unload training course is for delivery drivers and those responsible for loading, transporting and unloading MEWPs.
To attend this course, you must hold an up to date IPAF operator licence for the machine categories you are going to be working with.
Need a licence? Start your training today with IPAF’s eLearning theory course.
Aims and Objectives
During this course, you will learn how to safely load, secure and unload MEWPs ready for transportation.
At the end of the course, you will:
- Understand the legislation and regulations.
- Be able to plan the safe delivery, collection and transportation of MEWPs.
- Understand the hazards associated with transporting MEWPs.
- Be able to perform a risk assessment for MEWP operations.
- Know how to safely load and unload MEWPs.
IPAF Load and Unload is a one day course that will last a minimum of seven hours.
We can take up to four candidates at a time.
The IPAF Load and Unload course includes both theory and practical elements. It covers:
- An introduction including facilities, housekeeping, course aims, objectives and outline.
- The IPAF Health & Fitness Statement
- International Powered Access Federation and the PAL Card
- MEWP regulations and standards
- Hire terms and conditions
- MEWP maintenance and repair.
- Choosing the right transportation for the MEWP
- Positioning and securing the MEWP on a range of transportation
- Performing safety checks
- Completing risk assessments
There is a written assessment at the end of the course, which you need to pass to receive your certification. If you fail, you will have to resit the course another day.
You will receive a PAL Card (Powered Access Licence) as well as your certificate. The PAL Card is valid for five years.
We have received your request and will be in touch shortly.
Your reference ABC123