The combined IPAF Harness Awareness and Harness User course is for those who work with MEWPs and need to choose and use harnesses and lanyards.
Those who need to be able to inspect harnesses need to complete the full-day Harness Awareness + Harness User + Harness Inspector course.
Aims and objectives
On passing this IPAF Harness Awareness + Harness User course, you will:
- Understand the relevant health and safety regulations, guidance and standards.
- Be able to identify and select the correct form of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Know how to check, use, maintain and store a harness and lanyard.
- Be able to fit and adjust a harness and lanyard.
Our IPAF Harness Awareness + Harness User training course takes half a day to complete.
We can accommodate up to 10 candidates on a course.
The course includes theory and practical elements. It takes place in the classrooms of our training centres. The course covers:
- Our facilities and the course objectives
- Completion of a health and fitness statement.
- Harness legislation, standards and guidance.
- The hierarchy of fall protection.
- MEWPs and harness systems.
- Harnesses, lanyards and fittings.
- Harness fitting and adjustment.
- Anchor points.
- Storage and maintenance.
- Hazards and precautions.
- Rescue requirements and options
The course has a written test that you will need to pass. If you don’t pass the Harness Awareness part of your course, you will have to re-sit the course on another day.
Upon completion of the course, you will receive a certificate which will remain valid for five years from the date of passing the course. It is worth noting that a PAL Card will not be issued if you do not have an IPAF Operator, Demonstrator or Instructor licence.
This course is eligible for CITB training grants. Find out more.
We have received your request and will be in touch shortly.
Your reference ABC123