- Scissor Lifts
- Self Propelled Booms
- Tracked Boom Lifts
- Truck Mounted Platforms
- Van Mounted Platforms
IPAF MEWP Operator eLearning is the online alternative to the classroom-based theory element of IPAF’s MEWP Operator training.
It covers the following categories:
- 1b Static Boom: Vehicle-mounted platforms, trailers/push-arounds and self-propelled booms (outriggers).
- 3a Mobile Vertical: Scissor lifts and vertical personnel platforms (mobile).
- 3b Mobile Boom: Self-propelled booms.
eLearning offers a convenient and flexible way to complete your theory and means you spend less time in a training centre and thus lower the risk of Covid-19. It can be accessed from a range of devices and completed from anywhere and at any time. You can pause and restart as you like.
And the real bonus, you can start today – simply click the ‘Book your eLearning’ button or fill in your details at the bottom of this page, submit your payment and you’ll receive a link to get started.
Aims and Objectives
The aim of IPAF’s MEWP Operator training is to learn how to safely operate a MEWP in order to obtain an IPAF MEWP operator licence.
On completion of both the theory and practical sessions, you will:
- Understand the relevant health and safety regulations.
- Be aware of accident prevention and control measures.
- Know the requirements for personal protection.
- Understand the importance of the machine operating manual.
- Be able to drive and then manoeuvre the MEWP safely and correctly into position to carry out required tasks.
The IPAF MEWP Operator eLearning modules take approximately three hours to complete though it depends on your level of experience and prior knowledge of MEWPs.
The course is available online and accessible from a range of devices. The content is split into easy to manage sections which make it easy for you to complete the course in your own time. It covers:
- Course aims and objectives.
- An introduction to IPAF and the PAL card.
- IPAFs health and fitness statement.
- Regulations and guidance.
- MEWP categories.
- Structural parts of MEWPs.
- Familiarisation and also pre-use inspections.
Once you have completed your theory, you have up to 90 days to complete your practical training and assessment. This is available through our training centres in Newcastle and Huntingdon.
Once you have successfully completed this course, you will receive a certificate.
Note: IPAF eLearning is not a substitute for practical training. To become a fully-qualified IPAF MEWP Operator and receive your PAL card, you need to complete the practical session at an IPAF approved training centre.
We have received your request and will be in touch shortly.
Your reference ABC123
Thank you for booking your eLearning with Warren Access. Your custom is very much appreciated. Good luck with your training!