- Scissor Lifts
- Self Propelled Booms
- Tracked Boom Lifts
- Truck Mounted Platforms
- Van Mounted Platforms
The IPAF Demonstrator course is for MEWP operators that need to be able to show others how to safely operate platforms. For example, those that deliver or hire MEWPS to customers.
The course covers MEWPs within the following categories, and you are able to choose any combination of the three:
- 1b Static Boom: Vehicle-mounted platforms, trailers/push-arounds and self-propelled booms (outriggers).
- 3a Mobile Vertical: Scissor lifts and vertical personnel platforms (mobile).
- 3b Mobile Boom: Self-propelled booms.
To attend this course, you must hold an up to date IPAF operator licence for the machine categories you are training to demonstrate.
Need a licence? Start your training today with IPAF’s eLearning theory course.
Aims and objectives
This course teaches you how to demonstrate a MEWP to other operators, thus ensuring they are familiar with the machine and how to operate it safely. By the end of the course you will:
- Be able to demonstrate pre-operational procedures as well as safe operating techniques.
- Understand and know how to communicate safe working limits to others.
How long the course takes depends on the number of machine categories you are training in, with each category taking a day to complete.
The IPAF Demonstrator course is split between a theory session in the morning and a practical session in the afternoon. It covers:
- Site facilities, course aims as well as objectives.
- IPAF health and fitness statement.
- What to include in a MEWP familiarisation.
- MEWP categories, as well as platform capacities and limitations.
- Pre-use checks and daily maintenance tasks.
- Safe operating procedures.
- Selection and use of fall protection equipment.
- Emergency procedures.
- How to communicate information effectively.
- MEWP handovers – hire terms and conditions and user responsibilities as well as contracts and paperwork.
You will receive a PAL Card (Powered Access Licence), safety guide and logbook along with your certificate. PAL cards are valid for 5 years.
We have received your request and will be in touch shortly.
Your reference ABC123