The IPAF MEWPs for Managers training course is for anyone responsible for the use of MEWPs on their worksite.
For example, foremen or project managers in construction, facilities management or retail.
Aims and objectives
This course covers how to safely plan for and manage the use of MEWPs on worksites. At the end of the course, you will:
- Be aware of the legislation and regulations.
- Know the different types and classifications of MEWP.
- Understand the importance of choosing the correct machine for the job.
- Be able to select the right personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Know how to safely use and operate MEWPs.
- Recognise the misuse and abuse of MEWPs.
- Be aware of planning and maintenance considerations.
This is a one day course.
How many candidates
We can have up to 10 candidates on a course.
This course is all theory-based. It can take place at one of our training centres or at home through IPAF eLearning.
Note: Due to current Covid restrictions, we recommend that the eLearning module is taken, as classroom based courses are not running regularly.
- Housekeeping and our facilities.
- IPAF and the PAL card.
- The IPAF health and fitness statement.
- Course objectives and outline.
- Regulations and standards.
- Hire terms and conditions.
- MEWP types and their use.
- Structural parts and choosing the right MEWP.
- Operator training and familiarisation.
- Loading and unloading.
- Personal fall protection.
- Operator pre-start checks.
- Safe operating methods
- Hazard awareness.
This course includes a written test. If you fail, you will have to re-sit the course another day.
You will receive an IPAF MEWPs for Managers certificate that is valid for five years. It is worth noting that a PAL Card will not be issued if you do not have an IPAF Operator, Demonstrator or Instructor licence.
We have received your request and will be in touch shortly.
Your reference ABC123