The IPAF MEWPs for Managers training course is for anyone responsible for the use of MEWPs on their worksite.
For example, foremen or project managers in construction, facilities management or retail.
Aims and objectives
This course covers how to safely plan for and manage the use of MEWPs on worksites. At the end of the course, you will:
- Be aware of the legislation and regulations.
- Know the different types and classifications of MEWP.
- Understand the importance of choosing the correct machine for the job.
- Be able to select the right personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Know how to safely use and operate MEWPs.
- Recognise the misuse and abuse of MEWPs.
- Be aware of planning and maintenance considerations.
This is an e-learning course which can be taken in your own time. Average time taken is 7 hours.
How many candidates
We can have up to 10 candidates on a full day course but the e-learning option is the best option available.
This course is all theory-based. Complete the details below to have a link sent to you for e-learning.
- Housekeeping and our facilities.
- IPAF and the PAL card.
- The IPAF health and fitness statement.
- Course objectives and outline.
- Regulations and standards.
- Hire terms and conditions.
- MEWP types and their use.
- Structural parts and choosing the right MEWP.
- Operator training and familiarisation.
- Loading and unloading.
- Personal fall protection.
- Operator pre-start checks.
- Safe operating methods
- Hazard awareness.
You will receive an IPAF MEWPs for Managers ePAL digital certificate that is valid for five years. It is worth noting that a PAL Card will not be issued if you do not have an IPAF Operator, Demonstrator or Instructor licence.
We have received your request and will be in touch shortly.
Your reference ABC123
Thank you for your booking. A link to the course will be forwarded to you between the hours of 9am to 4pm Monday to Friday upon receipt of payment.