This category includes:
- IPAF Load & Unload
To instruct those who deliver MEWPs to work sites to safely load, secure and unload prior to or following transportation.
Up to 4 candidates.
At the end of the course the candidate will:
• Ensure responsible planning of MEWP deliveries, collection and transportation
• Perform a proper risk assessment for all MEWP operations and document process
• Ensure that all employees are adequately trained to fulfil their responsibilities
• Loading and unloading of mobile elevating work platforms (MEWPs)
• Slecting suitable transportation
• Positioning and method of the load
• Safety checks
• Risk assessment
- An Introduction - Facilities and Housekeeping, IPAF Health & Fitness Statement, Course Objectives, Course Outline, International Powered Access Federation
- Safety beyond training - Accidents
- MEWP regulations and standards
- Hire terms and conditions - Different hire terms and conditions, maintenance and repair.
- Transportation- Choosing the right transportation for the MEWP
- Positioning of load - Securing loading the MEWP on a range of transportation
- Safety Checks
- Risk Assessment
- Theory test - Individual written test with explanation of pass requirements.
* Failure means applicant will have to re-sit the course on another day.
PAL cards are valid for 5 years
A certificate and PAL card.