Why do I need training to work at height?
Whether you are about to step foot on a MEWP for the first time or 100th time, it doesn’t matter – you need training, and here’s 5 reasons why.
- It’s the law. UK legislation states that everyone working at height must be competent. That means holding in date certifications for the specific equipment they are using to work at height.
- It saves lives. Falling from height is the biggest cause of death in the British workplace. Training equips workers with the skills to work safely at height.
- It will help you find work. Sites often require proof of training before they allow operators onsite. Having the correct certifications will keep you safe and mean you can easily demonstrate your competency to employers.
- It will save you time and money. Training is a way of expanding your skillset and it will teach you how to work efficiently and get the most out of your equipment.
- It will keep you up to date. When you’ve been in the game for a long time, it’s easy to get complacent. Attending regular training courses keeps you up to date with changes in the industry and ensures you are always working to best practice guidelines.
Register for your next course now
We run a range of IPAF and PASMA courses from our depots in Newcastle and Huntingdon. Coming up this month we have our most popular course the IPAF MEWP Operator, Categories 1b 3a 3b, PASMA’s flagship Towers for Users course and we are running our second ever PASMA Towers on Stairs course – give us a call to book.