PASMA‘s flagship Towers for Users training course, now known as PASMA Towers, is for anyone working at height with mobile access towers.
Aims and objectives
The aim of this course is to learn how to safely assemble, dismantle, relocate and alter mobile access towers. Thus reducing the risk of accidents and the chance of injuring yourself or others while working.
How long your practical session takes depends on your level of experience. You will need to bring PPE, including suitable head protection, footwear and also gloves.
This is a practical session only. PASMA Towers for Users training includes both theory and practical elements. Therefore, you must complete your theory online first via PASMA’s eLearning program. It will take about an hour and a half and you complete it in your own time. You can stop and restart as you need. See here for details or to register.
The practical session is available at our training centres in Newcastle and Huntingdon. It covers:
- Legislation, regulations and guidance.
- The PASMA Code of Practice.
- Product standards including EN 1004.
- How to assemble, alter and also dismantle mobile access towers.
- Fall protection and best practice guidance.
- Inspection of mobile access towers.
- Tower inspection records.
- Hazards and how to minimise risk.
It is worth noting, that you will need to sit a theory test when you arrive at our training centre and prior to undertaking your practical.
While no formal qualifications or experience are necessary to complete PASMA Towers for Users training, a basic understanding of work at height and the potential risks are beneficial.
Furthermore, according to the PASMA Code of Practice:
- The safe use of mobile access towers requires you to consult safety notices and read manufacturers instruction manuals. Therefore, you must have the literacy and language skills to be able to do this.
- The assembly and use of mobile access towers can be physically demanding. Thus you need to be physically fit and in good health. It may not be suitable if you have problems with eyesight or hearing, heart disease, high blood pressure or epilepsy, as well as fear of heights/vertigo, giddiness/difficulty with balance, impaired limb function, alcohol or drug dependence or psychiatric illness.
You will receive a course booklet and PASMA Code of Practice together with a PASMA certificate and photocard for the relevant level. The certification is valid for 5 years.
This course is eligible for CITB training grants. Find out more.
We have received your request and will be in touch shortly.
Your reference ABC123
Our average pass rate is 98%
We have experienced and engaging instructors. Our prices are competitive and we receive excellent reviews. We love what we do! (With thanks to IPAF for supplying images)