PASMAs flagship Towers for Users course, now known as PASMA Towers, is for anyone working at height with mobile access towers.
Note: This is a classroom based theory session at our training centre, followed by the practical session.
Aims and objectives
The aim of this course is to learn how to safely assemble, dismantle, relocate and alter mobile access towers. Thus reducing the risk of accidents and the chance of injuring yourself or others while working.
This is a one day course, lasting a minimum of six hours. You will need to bring PPE, including suitable head protection, footwear and also gloves.
PASMA Towers for Users includes both theory and practical elements. It is available at our training centres in Newcastle and Huntingdon or, alternatively, onsite at your premises.
The course covers:
- Legislation, regulations and guidance.
- The PASMA Code of Practice.
- Product standards including EN 1004.
- How to assemble, alter and also dismantle mobile access towers.
- Fall protection and best practice guidance.
- Inspection of mobile access towers.
- Tower inspection records.
- Hazards and how to minimise risk.
While no formal qualifications or experience are necessary to complete PASMA Towers for Users, a basic understanding of work at height and the potential risks are beneficial.
Furthermore, according to the PASMA Code of Practice:
- The safe use of mobile access towers requires you to consult safety notices and read manufacturers instruction manuals. Therefore, you must have the literacy and language skills to be able to do this.
- The assembly and use of mobile access towers can be physically demanding. Thus you need to be physically fit and in good health. It may not be suitable if you have problems with eyesight or hearing, heart disease, high blood pressure or epilepsy, as well as fear of heights/vertigo, giddiness/difficulty with balance, impaired limb function, alcohol or drug dependence or psychiatric illness.
Candidates receive a course booklet and PASMA Code of Practice together with a PASMA certificate and photocard for the relevant level. The certification is valid for 5 years.
This course is eligible for CITB training grants. Find out more.
We have received your request and will be in touch shortly.
Your reference ABC123
Our average pass rate is 98%
We have experienced and engaging instructors. Our prices are competitive and we receive excellent reviews. We love what we do! (With thanks to IPAF for supplying images)