PASMA Low Level Access is for those working from prefabricated units less than 2.5 metres high.
Aims and objectives
The aim of this course is to learn how to safely assemble, dismantle, relocate and alter low-level access units. Thus reducing the risk of accidents and the chance of injuring yourself or others while working.
This is a half-day course, lasting a minimum of 3.5 hours. You will need to bring PPE, including suitable head protection, footwear and also gloves.
PASMA Low Level Access includes both theory and practical elements. It is available at our training centres in Newcastle and Huntingdon or, alternatively, onsite at your premises. It covers:
- Current Legislation
- Regulations and guidance around working at height with low-level access units
- The PASMA Code of Practice
- Publicly Available Specification
- Assembling, altering and dismantling low-level access units
- Current best practice for fall protection
- Inspection of completed low-level access units
- Completion of Tower Inspection Records
- Hazards affecting the use of low level access units
There is a closed book assessment with a pass mark of 80% in both theory and practical elements.
While no formal qualifications or experience are necessary to complete PASMA Towers for Users, a basic understanding of work at height and the potential risks are beneficial.
Furthermore, according to the PASMA Code of Practice:
- The safe use of mobile access towers requires you to consult safety notices and read manufacturers instruction manuals. Therefore, you must have the literacy and language skills to be able to do this.
- The assembly and use of mobile access towers can be physically demanding. Thus you need to be physically fit and in good health. It may not be suitable if you have problems with eyesight or hearing, heart disease, high blood pressure or epilepsy, as well as fear of heights/vertigo, giddiness/difficulty with balance, impaired limb function, alcohol or drug dependence or psychiatric illness.
Candidates receive a course booklet and PASMA Code of Practice together with a PASMA certificate and photocard for the relevant level. The certification is valid for 5 years.
We have received your request and will be in touch shortly.
Your reference ABC123
Our average pass rate is 98%
We have experienced and engaging instructors. Our prices are competitive and we receive excellent reviews. We love what we do! (With thanks to IPAF for supplying images)