Melissa takes on the National Three Peaks Challenge
We fully supported Melissa and her chosen charity. We not only decided to sponsor Melissa on her journey but also to help her raise as much money as we could.
Have you heard of the National Three Peaks Challenge?
The National Three Peaks Challenge involves climbing the three highest peaks of Scotland, England and Wales, all within 24 hours.
Some interesting facts:
- The total walking distance is 23 miles, this is excluding the 462 miles driving distance between all peaks.
- Snowdon is the highest mountain in Wales and is 1085m high.
- Scafell Pike is the smallest of the three peaks with the summit reaching 978m. It is the highest mountain in England.
- Ben Nevis is the tallest mountain in the United Kingdom and is located in Scotland with a height of 1345m.
- The Three Peaks Challenge is one of the toughest outdoor challenges in Britain.
Did you know our Hire Desk Coordinator Melissa completed this challenge on the 21st October?
Melissa took part in The Three Peaks Challenge to raise money for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Melissa started off with a £350 target and currently has managed to raise £2,240 which is 639% over her target which is incredible!
What an amazing achievement for Melissa, to not only get to experience The Three Peaks Challenge but to raise such an amazing amount of money to help Macmillan Cancer Support.
Melissa said ‘It was an incredible experience with the most incredible team. The weather was rough but the views were out of this world. It really was a challenge, but has giving me the best memories I could have ever dreamed of. A huge thank you to Warren Access, I would not of been able to experience all of this without their support and help. What a fantastic team I have! They gave me the opportunity to do one of the most incredible things in my life. From the bottom of my heart…thank you.’
The Just Giving page has now finished. Melissa has managed to raise even more money than she had hoped and has managed to help and make a huge donation to Macmillan Cancer Support.