Training the experts here at Warren Access!May 01, 2018
Did you know we also train the experts in the Access Industry?
As an IPAF Approved Training Centre, in addition to our regular run Operator and Harness courses, we also run courses for Managers and Access Industry specialists.
The IPAF Demonstrator course is for qualified operators who need to be able to demonstrate pre-operational and safe operating procedures, along with the limitations of MEWPs, to other operators. It’s very hands on, being a mix of theory and practical sessions, which include role play. At the end of the course the Demonstrator will be able to:
- Familiarise operators in pre-operational checks, daily maintenance and the correct safe method of operating specific machinery
- Demonstrate how to select and use the correct fall protection equipment covering anchorage points of platforms, harness standards, lanyard types and rescue procedures
- Explain the limitations of MEWPs.
We also offer a CAP and MEWPS for Managers courses so do let us know if it’s something you would like to offer your managers and specialist operators.
For full details of our specialist courses, visit https://www.warrenaccess.co.uk/courses
Have you planned for the safe delivery of your MEWPS ?
The findings from the IPAF accident reporting database show about a third of accidents recorded by rental companies involve MEWP (Mobile Elevating Work Platforms) delivery drivers.
To ensure employees are trained in safe loading and unloading procedures, we offer the IPAF Load/Unload Course (LOAD) at both our depots. This instructs an operator in the correct safety procedures for the loading, unloading and securing of machinery prior to or following transportation by road. By the end of the course, each delegate will be:
- Fully aware of hazards associated with transporting access and plant machinery.
- Fully aware of their responsibility and associated legislation.
- Fully aware of safe procedures for loading and unloading.
- Able to carry out inspections and transport related risk assessments.
- Able to correctly position the vehicle for the task in hand.
- Able to safely and securely load and unload.
We can arrange bespoke courses from time to time too. We hosted a special Multitel day at Warren Access in Huntingdon last month, where Managing Director of Access Industries, Melvyn Else, ensured that a group of 8 engineers had an enjoyable day becoming fully up to date and familiar with these truck mounted booms.
We can also offer CAP and MEWPS for Managers courses so let us know your requirements and we will do our best accommodate you.
To book or for further information please ring, email or contact either depot via our website https://www.warrenaccess.co.uk/contact-us