PASMA Towers for Users eLearning course is the online alternative to the classroom-based theory element.
E-learning offers a convenient and flexible way to complete your theory and means that you spend less time in a training centre. The e-learning program can be accessed from a range of devices and completed from anywhere and at any time. You can pause and restart as you like.
And, the real bonus, you can start today – simply fill in your details below, submit your payment and you’ll receive a link to get started.
Aims and objectives
The aim of this course is to learn how to safely assemble, dismantle, relocate and alter mobile access towers. The aim of the course is to reduce the risk of accidents and reduce the chance of injuring yourself or others while working.
The PASMA Towers for Users eLearning modules takes a minimum of 1.5 hours to complete in the form of watching a comprehensive video. The first part of this practical course is a multiple choice test, this must be passed prior to the completion of the practical training.
The course is available online and accessible from a range of devices. The content is split into easy to manage sections with knowledge checks throughout. This makes it easy for you to check your understanding as you go.
The course covers:
- Legislation, regulations and guidance.
- The PASMA Code of Practice.
- Product standards including EN 1004.
- How to assemble, alter and also dismantle mobile access towers.
- Fall protection and best practice guidance.
- Inspection of mobile access towers.
- Tower inspection records.
- Hazards and how to minimise risk.
Once you have completed your theory you have to complete the practical training and assessment. Once you have completed the e-learning you must complete your practical test within 90 days of the date of completing your e-learning. If you already have a licence and it is about to expire, PASMA is currently offering a 90-day extension for renewals for those who undertake the eLearning course.
It is also worth noting, that you will need to sit a theory test onsite at our training centre and prior to undertaking your practical.
While no formal qualifications or experience are necessary to complete PASMA Towers for Users, a basic understanding of working at height and the potential risks are beneficial to the completion of the course.
Furthermore, according to the PASMA Code of Practice the following applies:
- The safe use of mobile access towers requires you to consult safety notices and read manufacturers instruction manuals. Therefore, you must have the literacy and language skills to be able to do this course.
- The assembly and use of mobile access towers can be physically demanding. So you do need to be physically fit and in good health. This course may not be suitable for you if you have problems with eyesight or hearing, heart disease, high blood pressure or epilepsy, a fear of heights/vertigo, giddiness/difficulty with balance, impaired limb function, alcohol or drug dependence or psychiatric illness.
Note: PASMA eLearning is not a substitute for practical training. To complete the PASMA Towers for Users course and receive your photo card, you need to complete the practical session at one of our training centres.
Once you have successfully completed this course you will then receive a digital certificate. A card will also be issued to you with your name and your picture on it. Your PASMA certificate will cover you for 5 years from the date of passing the practical course.
This course is eligible for CITB training grants. Find out more.
We have received your request and will be in touch shortly.
Your reference ABC123
Our average pass rate is 98%
We have experienced and engaging instructors. Our prices are competitive and we receive excellent reviews. We love what we do! (With thanks to IPAF for supplying images)